Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Recipe for Disaster

Introducing the new Go with the Flo-toilet. This fancy jungle-gym looking device is a new toilet that promotes voiding your bowels in a yoga-like fashion, squatting down to work on your ab and back muscles. Gizmodo reports: 
The Flo toilet is an ergonomic, sustainable design concept for baby boomers that functions like a squat toilet. Designers maintain that using the Flo toilet is akin to yoga - by building and strengthening abdominal and back muscles. Only one-half to one gallon of water is used for flushing and The Flo reuses water from hand washing. To flush water from the tanks to the toilet, the Flo employs an electromagnetic ball valve. Go With the Flo also is free of mechanical parts. The toilet is fully self-sustaining and independent of electric power.
Um, yes. I have a few qualms about this new 'toilet' system.
  1. Too close for comfort: I don't know about you, but I don't want to get THAT close to my bathroom floor. 
  2. Too see through: I'm all for translucent items, but I don't want to watch my "stuff" flow down the pipes of that thing. Imagine the muck build-up on that after a month. No thanks.
  3. Morning coordination and confusion: I'm sorry, but first thing in the morning, I'm uncoordinated and a walking chaotic mess. I trip on things, I knock old ladies down, I set off booby traps - it's a mess. I can't imagine executing the hand/eye coordination necessary to sit on that thing without shattering my hip or twisting an ankle.
  4. Wiping: How would that go down? You'd need an extra arm, a hoist contraption ... or experience on a pommel horse.
  5. Blue: I don't like blue furniture, let alone crappers.
Verdict: I'll pass. (No pun intended.)

Photo: Here

No comments: