Friday, May 8, 2009

Sick of the "Brain Tumor / Seeing Hallucinations" Storylines on TV



I don't know about you, but I'm a little tired of the "I have a brain tumor - I'm seeing hallucinations," on my favorite TV shows. First Izzy Stevens on Grey's Anatomy is seeing her dead ex-fiance ... BOOM she's got brain tumors. Then Gregory House (House MD) is seeing Amber ... BADA BANG ... he may have a brain tumor. (It turns out he was just hallucinating form his Vicodin addiction, but same concept.)

Then last night on Bones; Booth is seeing Stewie from the goddam Family Guy AND a dead army buddy in previous episodes ... PUH PUH POW ... he's got a brian tumor. 

I love these shows and I'm no doubt addicted to them, seeing that I have no life, but COME ON. Enough with the brain tumor = seeing hallucinations storyline. It's tired. Wow us without reusing the brian tumor gimmick already. I'm not asking for much; maybe an alien abduction or a kidnapping for ransom deal ... or maybe a sex change here or there. Or just more sex in general. Audiences love sex in general. Just stay away from the hallucinations.

Photo: Here, Here and Here

No comments: